.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, November 26, 2010

 

annually thankful

thankful 2009
Thankful 2008
Thankful 2007
Thankful 2006
Thankful 2005
Thankful 2004

This has been a tough year in a lot of ways. We were stressed and worried and exhausted and frustrated for many different reasons... but still, I have a lot for which to be thankful.

  • My intact and functional body that pretty much works exactly like it's supposed to - unlike so many of my patients' bodies.
  • My mental health, which permits me to function in the same world as everyone else and doesn't cause me to see and hear things that aren't there.
  • My wonderful smart talented silly hard-headed husband, who has made the best of a very difficult year of unemployment.
  • The job that my wonderful etc. husband landed after that year!
  • My job, along with the wonderful coworkers and friends I have there. My job would be unbearable without them.
  • My other job, where I go do temp work at other hospitals and they pay me lots of money. It's stresseful to work more than full-time between the 2 jobs, but I am so thankful that I have the option available to earn more money for my family.
  • My lovely funny parents and their continued generosity and encouragement in our adventures of home-owning.
  • Our good friends who have made us laugh and offered hugs and wine and dinner dates when they were really needed.
  • Our fantastic house that makes us happy on a daily basis.
  • Our trainer who is slowly but surely kicking our butts into shape and continues her positive attitude and encouragement no matter how much we whine.

    Mostly I am grateful that our lives are so ordinary. I know that may sound silly but I see so many people whose lives are extraordinary in some awful way - being normal and boring seems like a gift in comparison.

    I hope your Thanksgiving was warm and filled with love.

    Labels:


  • Comments:
    hi girl in greenwood!

    over and over I've returned to your post from 2005 detailing the various CNA classes available in the Seattle area (http://girlingreenwood.blogspot.com/2005/07/update-on-cna-training.html). after much deliberation spanning many months, I finally decided to take a class through Nursing Assistant Training Institute. just registered this evening! Anyway, just wanted to say that the previously mentioned blog post (which still shows up on the first Google search page when you search "CNA class Seattle") was immensely helpful for me!

    Anyway, I live in Seattle proper as well and would love to know if the CNA class helped your career as much as I hope it will help mine.
     
    Funny how we never know in what way our how much we touch other lives.

    You're a treasure, Emily!
     
    Your thankful list almost made me cry. You do, indeed, have a lot to be thankful for, but it is so amazing that you actually realize it, even when times have been so hard.
     
    Post a Comment



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?