.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, June 20, 2010

 

questions/answers

Pancreatic pseudocyst - basically, your pancreas gets angry and tries to digest part of your insides. This is, you know, bad. I took care of a patient who had one removed that was the size of a BASKETBALL. Granted, the patient was not a small person, but jeez!

How to invite Ethiopians to dine - phonetically it sounds like "nem la" to me. The person who explained it to me said that it's loosely translated as "let's eat" and that culturally, they are bound to offer to share food with anyone who is around. In the US, many Ethiopians have modified that to offering to share food with other Ethiopians who are around... although now I understand why one of the aides who I've gotten friendly with keeps trying to feed me. I'm one of us now. :)

Commenter Irene, I accidentally deleted your comment! Sorry about that. To answer your question, no, I'm not Chinese. I'm just interested in visiting HK because I think it would be a cool experience, and I'd get to eat lots of interesting food. I love trying new things. Good luck with nursing school.

This weekend I have attended a yoga class that was really above my skill level but made it through without any injury. I've cooked two yummy dinners with my friend who is visiting. I've gotten plenty of sleep. And although I love my husband and my friends and my family, I am ridiculously glad to be spending the afternoon at home alone.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Thank you for the info! I also love the topic for your post: dread diseases, food. Ha, ha!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?