.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, June 13, 2010

 

happy/sad

I'm all about the lists lately.

Things that have recently made me happy:
-My amazing coworkers and their enthusiastic hugs, support, assistance at work, and ongoing admiration for the extra work I'm doing.
-My husband's love, support, and general holding-down of the home front.
-A message from a friend inviting me to come spend time with him and his adorable baby.
-The positive reaction I get from patients and families when I attempt to speak my terrible Spanish with them.
-Learning the polite way to invite my Ethiopian friends to eat with me, and better yet, trying it out on my coworkers and watching them look surprised.
-Waking up at 6:30 on Saturday and still making it to work on time!
-Paychecks from staffing agency work.
-Anticipation of my friend E's return visit to Seattle
this week.
-My house.
-My garden even though it still needs a lot of work.
-Weird flavors of Lucerne light yogurt - Bartlett Pear Mangosteen?

Things that have recently made me sad:
-Glioblastoma.
-War. The entire concept and the individual loss of life.
-Reading all the recent studies about how getting more sleep makes one's life 1,000 times better and being unable to control the fact that if I spend 14 hours on work & transit time, that doesn't leave enough for shower/dinner/quality time with husband/winding down enough to sleep/getting the recommended 9 hours of sleep. Clearly we need 30 hour days.
-Lupus with severe, life-threatening complications in a patient younger than me.
-Lice, scabies, bedbugs, and all their little friends.
-Seizures.
-The IRS
-Colostomies and corn - two things that do NOT go great together.
-Losing my fancy Bluetooth headset like a dumbass.
-Giant pancreatic pseudocyst.

Labels: ,


Comments:
So, how does one politely invite Ethiopians to dine? And what the heck is a pseuduocyst? Is better or worse than a real cyst?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?