.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

 

therapeutic

In nursing school, we spent a great deal of time discussing therapeutic communication. We were taught to validate feelings, express respect for the other person, and try to steer the conversation in a productive direction.

Yesterday I heard the following interaction while out with a group of coworkers:

Nurse 1: "You know that guy G*** with the possible mad cow disease, and how he's totally crazy?"

Nurse 2: "Sure, yeah, he calls everyone "f*cking b*tch," right?"

Nurse 1: "Yeah, that guy. The other day I gave him his meds and then asked him if there was anything else I could do for him, and he looked me straight in the eye and said, "Yes. You can suck my dick."

Nurse 2: "HAHAHAHA! What did you say - "It sounds like you're feeling horny right now. Would you like to discuss those feelings?" "

Nurse 1: "No, I just covered my mouth and ran out of the room because I couldn't stop laughing!"


I love my coworkers.

Labels: ,


Comments:
This post made me laugh so hard I almost choked to death on macadamia nuts. It is so important to have a sense of humor when you are being treated like crap. (I will try to apply this wisdom to my own job.)
 
lol that one actually cracked me up..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?