.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

 

year end

This year has really flown by. My workmate E* recently pointed out that we've been employed at Big County Hospital for 6 months, which is astonishing. It's turning out better than I could have hoped - I work with a fantastic bunch of people.

I'm somehow surprised to find R* & I still in our rental house - intellectually I know that we planned to spend about two years here, but it's already been an entire year? Wow. This little house has been treating us well - it is completely free of poo in the bathtub and the furnace is working like a dream. Not to mention the guest quarters for anyone who needs to stay with us and the garage storage for bikes and such. We're still contemplating our next move - R* believes the housing market will continue to fall for some time, so the longer we wait, the better deal we'll get & the bigger our down payment will be.

I started this entry wanting to write about work, but I still struggle with knowing what to say about it. Here, I'll give my readers a choice of patient stories, and I'll write first about the one you vote for.

*my comfort care patient who died on my shift (this is the first time a patient of mine has died under my care)

*the reappearance of Eyeball Girl

*the flasher guy who wouldn't go home

Vote in the comments, please!

Labels:


Comments:
Ok, I have to ask - who the heck is eyeball girl?

Hi, I'm Sarah, I've been reading your journal for a little while but never commented before. I found you while Googling about nursing schools and I also live in Seattle (well, Shoreline, but close enough :) )
 
I was moved by your comfort care guy and I can almost sing the flasher guy song, so I want to hear more about eyeball girl!
 
I would like to hear about dealing with a patient dying. I think it is the part of nursing/doctoring/medicaling that I can't imagine dealing with.

But eyeball girl also sound interesting! And grooooosss!
 
I'm thinking that the eye involves a prosthetic? Please tell me she's not shooting up anywhere near her eyes...Obviously eyeball girl is getting my vote. Z
 
Eyeball girl! Eyeball girl!
 
ooo, oooo, I sooo need to hear about eyeball girl! But my mom says: comfort care patient story is probably more beautiful.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?