.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, January 31, 2008

 

extremely quickly

I have been getting up way, way, way before dawn to go to clinical this week. What I've learned: I really like mentoring the first quarter students. I am flattered and encouraged by the confidence the faculty is placing in me. And I really, really don't want to be an RN in a nursing home, because it is all about paperwork and hardly any patient care. That is actually good information for me, because I previously thought that I would be interested in nursing home work.

I have two interviews at Big County Hospital tomorrow morning. One for med-surg, one for telemetry. Both are for new graduate RN positions, which I imagine will have a long & thorough training and preceptorship period. I will know more about that tomorrow. I do know how much their starting pay is, and it is not too shabby. Also, both of the units I'm interviewing with have day shift positions available! That's pretty great, considering that most new grads end up working nights until they earn some seniority.

More tomorrow.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
If that big county hospital is like mine, the on tele you should get exposed to a pretty healthy med-surg population as well. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing though.

I guess what I'm trying to say is good luck 8-) and let us know how they go!
 
So how did the interviews go? My fingers are retroactively crossed for you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?