.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

 

zip

ZipSkinny

Really interesting! You can type in a zipcode and get demographic information about the population there. And you can do side-by-side comparisons of different zipcodes as well. I compared the zip where I grew up to the one where I live now... worlds of difference. I was shocked to find that 25% of the population in my hometown is below the poverty line. I'm guessing that's because my hometown is a college town and most students have little income... at least I hope that's what is going on. Another big difference is that the median age in my hometown is about 24 years old, while in my current location the median age is 37.

Labels:


Comments:
That is a cool site. My growing up zip also is surprising. My current zip was what I expected. I wonder if part of the reason is that my current zip covers a tiny land area, whereas my growing up one is much bigger, so I am less likely to be familiar with all of it...
 
what WILL they think of next??! wicked cool...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?