.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, October 25, 2007

 

which way did I go

It's been a whirlwind couple of weeks. I realized today that this week and next week are the busiest weeks of the quarter, so I'm actually feeling really positive.

Last week was my first week of labor & delivery clinicals. I haven't seen any births. I did get to assess a newborn and her mom, though, which was awesome. I love babies. I also got to hang out with a mom who was in for observation due to pregnancy-induced hypertension - she had me feel her baby kicking, which was really cool. The census is pretty low at this hospital, and the c-section rate is pretty high, so I despair of actually witnessing a an old-fashioned birth. We shall see.

Over the weekend, R* and I went out to Port Townsend for a couple of nights. His band played a show Saturday night, but we went up on Friday so we could have some downtime. It was nice but too short.

This week in addition to classroom time, I've been out on the road with hospice nurses as part of my community health clinical. I'm actually really, really enjoying it and will write more about it soon. Also for community health, I'm doing a teaching project with 3 of my classmates on Monday and Tuesday. Then I've got three days in a row of L&D clinical, and then I'm going to lie down and sleep a great deal. After that, things slow down significantly - I do have a few more days of L&D clinical, and half a day with a lactation consultant, but that's about it. It will seem like a luxury to be done with clinical a month before the quarter is over!

Oh yeah, and I'm working on Saturday. I'm seriously trying to figure out how I can swing by the hospital tomorrow and put my name in the "please let me have a day off if you don't need me" book.

Labels:


Comments:
I hope you do post about your community health rotation. That sounds so cool. And if a mom's having you feel her baby kicking, that tells me she liked you and felt comfortable with you. Nicely done, and enjoy your time with the babes and the moms.
 
Sounds like you're moving along fabulously through nursing school. Glad you're enjoying it!

Cheers,

M.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?