.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

 

unpacked

I finished unpacking the last of the boxes yesterday. We are quite crammed into this apartment, but we are making it work. I have 5 plastic totes under the bed that are making it all possible. Without a linen closet, all the blankets/sheets/towels/bedspreads/etc. are under the bed. Also my sweaters, hats & gloves, and so forth.

Now that the kitchen is all cleaned up, it is pretty inviting. I actually have more counter space here than I did at the house. And there is plenty of cabinet space for everything I brought here instead of putting in storage. I am not in love with the old crappy electric stove, but oh well. And I am really not in love with the apartment size fridge, especially after having the privilege of picking out my own fridge at the house, which was a thing of beauty and efficiency.

But we're here, and our stuff all fits, and our Kismet cat seems happy, and it's all going to be fine.

Now we just need the darn house to sell so we can commence with the rolling around on piles of money, er, I mean the responsible paying off of debts and banking of profit for a future down payment.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Seriously, I can hear you rolling around in the pile of money from here.......
 
Hi!
This is unrelated to your post, but I'm letting you know that Into The Unit is back up and posting.
--Jen
 
Hi,

Good luck with your move.

I couldn't find your e-mail address so I hope this post is ok.

I was wondering if you'd be interested in posting any articles from the Nursezone.com website. There are lots of relevant articles for todays nurse. The great news is that using nursezone content on your site is no cost. We'd just like to have a link back to our site for those of your bloggers interested in finding a community of nurses, CE opportunities, travel nursing and other relevant nurse aids. A partial example of a nursing article is below:

Nurse Overcomes Cancer—Twice—to Provide Care to Others

By Nancy Deutsch, RN, contributor

Many people yearn to make nursing their career, but few have to battle the odds like Valerie Bush.

The Independence, Kentucky, woman, who was a medical technician for six years and a nurse’s aide “on and off forever,” waited until her children were raised to return to nursing school. When she finally entered the Gateway Community and Technical College, it was unbelievably stressful. Not only was the single mother dealing with her course work, but her father died, and her youngest daughter was dealing with medical problems, including bipolar disease.

Bush, now 42 years old, was “disgustingly healthy when I started” school in 2004, but quite overweight, and she started to lose a lot of the extra girth.

“I lost massive amounts of weight in just a few months,” she recalled. “I was a pretty big girl. I lost 100 pounds.”

At first, Bush chalked up the weight loss and constant belching to stress, but when she shed all the weight, she found a lump in her breast. “I decided to see a doctor over break.”

Bush was diagnosed with DCIS, and beneath that, metastatic breast cancer.

“I lost everything in a week,” Bush said. The diagnosis sent her daughter off the deep end, upset her boyfriend, and meant she had to stop the classes she had waited so long to take.

“As a nurse, you think you know what a cancer diagnosis entails,” she said. “But you don’t. It affects every single thing in your life.” … (more article to come)

© 2007. AMN Healthcare, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Let me know what you think.

Tracy (nursezoneportal@earthlink.net)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?