.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

 

book report: Olympos

Olympos
by Dan Simmons

This was a tough book for me to get through. I did read the previous book, Ilium, but I didn't remember it very clearly by the time I got around to reading Olympos. I did think the concepts Simmons explored were pretty interesting, especially the idea that human thought and creativity can actually create alternate universes. And as a former lit major, I did appreciate the literary references, and there were a lot of them.

But I got tired of the constant switching between the multiple plot lines, and the quantum physics stuff didn't ring true to my (admittedly nonexpert) ear. I would have liked more about Harman and Ada's plotline and less about the Trojan War that went awry.

Still, if you like science fiction and you happen to be a literary nerd too, you'd probably like this book. Read "Ilium" first so you have a clue what is going on.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?