.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, July 27, 2007

 

it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

I have not fallen off the face of the earth. I have been extremely busy, however. Since I last posted, I have:

1. Moved to the apartment that I described previously.

2. Unpacked some of our stuff, although we still have a lot of boxes.

3. Cleaned our entire old house top to bottom, including painting two rooms.

4. Cleaned out the gardens and patio at the old house ALL IN ONE DAY. I don't recommend this method. Especially when it means toting 10 bags of bark mulch around the yard. I am only 5 feet tall and those bags come up to my waist, so even though I can carry that much weight, it's like wrestling a bear for me to pick up the bag.

5. Worked 4 days/week at the hospital in a team nursing setting - I'm paired with an RN and we take 6 or 7 patients... I provide primary care for half of them, ask the nurse for help with the things I can't do (hang IV meds and give narcotics, mostly), and act as the nurse's aide when s/he needs an extra pair of hands. It's hard work but it's going well. I'm getting mostly positive feedback from my nurses, and the non-positive feedback has all been constructive criticism which I welcome, because it helps me learn.

We moved on Monday and I worked Tuesday-Thursday. Today is my first day off at the apartment and I am unpacking the kitchen (among other things). This morning R* and I went over to a bakery/cafe in the new neighborhood and had a lovely coffee & pastry & fruit salad breakfast before he went to work. I walked back to the apartment and man, this is a nice neighborhoood. Beautiful houses and gardens and so many trees. I even paused and watched a hummingbird in someone's garden for a few minutes. I think once we get settled in the apartment, we're going to really like living here.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Happy new home! And best of luck with the rest of the unpacking.
 
Congrats on your new place. I am almost jealous, I can't wait for our new place to be finished! And thank you for the link to I can has Cheeseburger now? It has greatly enriched my life. I am LOL alot now!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?