.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

 

oriented x3

I just finished my third day of orientation for my new nurse tech job. I spent all three days at one of the big campuses of the hospital, even though I'll be working at Neighborhood Private Hospital. It was mostly snoresville like I was expecting, and I really did read an entire novel during the course of the three days, although the biggest chunk of the reading occurred at lunchtime and only a little under the edge of the table while various people yapped about corporate culture and whatever.

Overall, though, I was impressed with how organized the whole experience was. There were lots of people from different departments who came to present to us, and they all had Powerpoints and handouts and were able to answer questions. They provided us with breakfast the first day, and had coffee and tea and juice and water available for us all the time. We learned today in a nurse tech-specific session that someone from the professional development area will be coming around to our units every couple of weeks to check that everything is going smoothly for us in our new role. It all sounds pretty great.

Next week I'll go to the unit where I'll be working and start orienting there. We'll see how that goes!

Labels:


Comments:
How's the job going? I really need to get in a hospital somewheres myself. I'm having a hard time trying to figure where I would work it out around my school schedule, but hopefully I can do it soon.

Oh, BTW I sent you a message on the Facebook (if you use it). I hope all is well.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?