.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, April 23, 2007

 

how cool am I?

I just had an unexpected phone interview for a nurse tech job at Neighborhood Private Hospital. It would start in June and it would be a day shift position and they would pay me $15 an hour.

I also got up my nerve and called the ICU at Fancy University Hospital where I had a fantastic observation experience last week and asked them if they had any jobs. I spoke to the charge nurse and while she didn't have any answers for me off the top of her head, she was very nice and enthusiastic and said she would discuss with the nurse manager and call me back.

So it looks like I will have an income again, someday. And when I do, I have a rapidly growing list of things on which I wish to spend my money, including but not limited to:

getting my highlights touched up
buying a metric shitload of new bras
buying some jeans
getting a new coffee doo-dad such as this one (my small size french press broke after 11 years of faithful service. RIP, little press!)
additional old lady support stockings (I did nursing science last week and wore support stockings one day and no stockings the next day. Day 1 = no sore feet. Day 2 = sore feet. Conclusion: support hose are where it's at.)

My desires are pretty simple! Now just cross your fingers that I land a good job.

Labels: ,


Comments:
You are so cool that.... well, Eskimos called me to get your number. Seems they are having climate problems (something to do with the environment) and were hoping you can hook them up with some of that coolness you possess.
 
Good luck!!! I'm sure you'll be employed this summer. :)

As for new bras, if you're buying them for work, I would go with sports bras. I hate dealing with falling straps, so the sports bras do the trick and hold "the girls" in better. :)

For me, I hate the support stockings (the ones that go all the way up) 'cause I feel like a sausage in them. The thigh-highs and knee-highs don't really work on me. I've found that soccer socks are pretty effective; plus they don't get all twisty in my Danskos.

Take care...
 
omg, $15 was about what I got for my first RN job!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?