.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, March 01, 2007

 

next to last night

Tonight was my next to last night of clinical for the quarter. And my night was like an entire quarter's worth of clinical crammed into 8 hours. I did all kinds of unspeakable things to people! I started an IV on an older, dehydrated gentleman with rolly veins (on the first stick, I might add). I started a Foley catheter on a post-op patient who decided that he would put a towel over his face and "go to his happy place" while I did the deed, which struck me as an excellent coping technique. I gave the aforementioned elderly gentleman a suppository. And I changed a dressing on a road rash wound. It was a busy night.

And tomorrow is the LAST night of clinical for this quarter. We're going to go in for a few hours and then we're all going out to dinner together. I can't wait to be done. I guess I'm not really done until next week, though, because I still have a surgery observation day. But no one will expect me to do any work that day!

Finally, my mom sent me a new white pair of Airwalk closed-toe clogs (like Crocs but Airwalk brand) and I wore them for the first time at clinical tonight - and it was the first night on the floor that my feet didn't hurt. I am thrilled.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?