.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

 

downhill

It looks like this quarter may someday come to an end. It's been a tough one. I was thinking about it recently, and out of the 30 people who started together first quarter last April, we're down to 20. (There are students backfilled in each quarter, plus the LPN to RN program starts with 3rd quarter, so our class always has 30+ students - they're just not all original members!) We lost 7 at the end of first quarter. Everyone passed second quarter, but one woman didn't come back for third quarter. And we've had two people withdraw near the end of the quarter, presumably because they got word they were not going to pass the quarter. I'm anxious to see who passes into next quarter.

We got partial word today about next quarter's clinical groups - I know I'm not going to Downtown Private Hospital, which is good in the sense that it means I'm probably going to be in the Awesome University Hospital group, but very sad in the sense that Classmate M* who lives inside my head is not with me next quarter! We have been inseperable at clinical for the past year and it's so strange to think of being on the floor without her. She is equally bummed out and left me the cutest voicemail after class today telling me so.

As a further sign that the quarter will someday end, today we turned in our research papers. Now all that's left is two regular exams, the last bit of log-writing for clinicals, and our final clinical conferences with our instructor. Oh yeah, and a final exam. And then, Canadian vacation!

Labels:


Comments:
You can do it. I believe in you.
 
I just finished the "rotation from hell" too: critical care. It was sad to see two people flunk out, especially because we are supposed to graduate in May. I am especially close to one of them and I am hoping she doesn't quit entirely but can finish next year.

Keep going! It's getting better. Have fun in Canada.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?