.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

 

children's stories for nurses

I've been thinking throughout the whole nursing program so far that many of these concepts - especially physiology stuff - would be a lot easier to understand if they were rephrased into children's stories. Or children's style stories, I should say. For example, I could NOT remember how left shift worked until I made up the following snippet of a story:

The war against the Bacterial Invaders was going poorly. The captain of the White Cell Guard took stock of his troops and realized that they were down to less than 5000 soldiers. "Troops!" he shouted. "Our numbers are getting low! We're going to have to send in our kids!" The troops replied, "But captain! The kids are not mature, and won't be as effective against the invaders." The captain sighed and said, "I know, but we don't have any other soldiers to put on the battlefield right now. We'll have to make sure we give the kids clear instructions."

He turned to the kids and shouted, "Kids, ten-HUT! We're marching out. Left! Left! Left, right, left!"


It would be easy to write something similar for the rest of the immune response. I just haven't gotten around to it. Other topics I've considered writing children's stories about are insulin and glucose (they have to hold hands to enter the cell!), different hormones, and fluid/electrolyte balance. Maybe after I finish school I'll have time for such things.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
please hurry up and write the book about fluid and electrolyte imbalances first. i'm horrible at them and have found that any helpful info about it reads like stereo instrucitons or somthing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?