.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, January 29, 2007

 

whirlwind

I made it through my first full week of clinical with flying colors. I was really nervous, but apparently I have learned something during all this school I've been attending, and it turns out I actually do know how to take care of patients. Last week we had to take care of one patient for two shifts, and going forward we'll have two patients. I'm a little nervous about that considering that a normal load for a nurse on the unit is 3 or 4 patients depending on their acuity... but I suppose I'll manage. I got a lot of positive feedback from my instructor and from the nurses I worked with on the floor, which was nice.

This weekend R* and I went out of town to visit my mom and dad. It was really nice to go to their house and relax and not have to worry about housework or anything for a couple of days. I finished writing my first big nursing process paper. Mom made sure I had coffee and fed us. R* got some work done and played guitar. It was nice. It was also nice to get home, especially because Kismet was so happy to see us. Such a sweet girl.

Now I'm stressed by the fact that I have an exam tomorrow that I really haven't studied for, plus another week of clinical with 2 patients this time. I don't foresee a lot of sleep happening before Friday. I feel like I have a fog in my head!

Labels: ,


Comments:
I'm sending you good exam karma today!
 
I'm sending you good exam karma today!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?