.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

 

merry post christmas

My family had a nice Christmas together. My mom and dad came to visit from Friday through Tuesday morning. Friday night we went out for Thai food at our favorite Thai restaurant. Saturday my parents and I went grocery shopping while R* had a guitar lesson, then we all went downtown and had a lovely dinner at Tulio before going to see Emmylou Harris perform at Benaroya Hall. The concert was FANTASTIC. She is just amazing.

Sunday we stayed home (except for my dad, who went golfing in the rain because he is a nutball) and Mom and I cooked a big holiday dinner with turkey, stuffing, gravy, sweet potatoes, rolls, brussels sprouts, and green beans, plus a pumpkin pie. It was all quite delicious.

Monday we opened gifts and that was great! The best present I got was a Foreman G5 grill from R*. It has different removable plates so that you can use it to grill, to make waffles, or to "bake" things like chiles rellenos or fried eggs. We put it to work right away by making gingerbread waffles for breakfast, which were delicious! Later in the day we experimented with using the grill to make paninis, which worked out very well. I love it.

I think the best of Christmas this year, though, is our Christmas kitty. Kismet is such a darling. She's beautiful and well-behaved and purry. I can't wait until she gets more settled in here and becomes more comfortable sitting in our laps and stuff. She had a good Christmas too - the cutest was when R* opened a package of fur mousie toys for her and she chased each one as he removed them from the package. Not so cute when she decided to play with a mousie at 5 AM in our bedroom... but what are you gonna do?

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?