.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, December 30, 2006

 

book report: The Bone Collector

The Bone Collector
by Jeffery Deaver

I remember hearing about the movie that was made from this novel, which starred Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie. I didn't see the movie for some reason, but I thought the concept was interesting... a former detective, Lincoln Rhyme, is confined to his home after being seriously injured on the job which turned him into a quadraplegic. Some of his former coworkers bring him a murder case that appears to contain clues leading to another murder in progress, and ask for his help solving the case. Rhyme asks for Amelia, the cop that found the first body, to act as his eyes and ears on the scene. Through this partnership, Amelia becomes a better police officer and Rhyme re-connects with the world outside his bedroom.

The mystery totally had me going - even though there was a pretty big clue planted in the book, I didn't know who the murderer was until he revealed himself to Rhyme near the end of the book. Maybe I'm just a sucker, I don't know. I enjoyed the forensic details and medical details regarding Rhyme's disability, although those details might turn some readers off.

I understand this is a series... I think I'll read some more of them.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?