.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

 

ocular migraine

I went to the eye dr yesterday and got new contacts. I also learned that the weird vision disturbance I've experienced a few times is called ocular migraine. I had never heard of such a thing before, and I'd never experienced it before last week. I was reading for school and noticed that there was a swimmy, blurry spot in my vision. My first thought was "oh no! my retina must be detaching!" but then I told myself not to panic. I took out my contacts and the spot was still there. It looked like oil on water, or heat waves around a fire, or that stupid Java "wave" effect that every other website had in 1999. So I intelligently decided that clearly I was exhausted and needed a nap. So I went to sleep for an hour and when I woke up it was gone. But I did have a yucky headache, which fortunately went away with the application of two ibuprofen.

Much the same thing happened two nights ago, except that I had been wearing my glasses all day, so it was clearly not contact-related. Since it was bedtime, though, I just went to sleep. Problem solved. And no residual headache afterward.

Anyway, this is a long and complicated way to say that I am not going to go blind. :)

Labels:


Comments:
I'm glad you got a quick diagnosis! Are ocular migraines treatable, or even better, preventable?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?