.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 06, 2006

 

date

R* and I went on a lovely date Friday night. To celebrate R*'s birthday, we went out to dinner at Perche'No for delish Italian food (including a dessert that involved miniature crepes filled with Nutella!). And then we went over to the Pacific Northwest Ballet to see a program of 4 modern dance pieces. We had a fantastic time. I was sooooooo tired by the time we got home - I had been up late the night before writing a care plan, then was at the hospital for clinical from 6:45 to 12:30, then had rushed to campus for a lecture on palliative care from 1:30-3:00. I did crash for about 45 minutes before we left for dinner, but it wasn't enough!

This weekend I spent the entire time parked in front of the computer finished my nursing process paper, writing a paper about nursing care of dying children, log entries on various clinical stuff, a midterm self-evaluation... However! After turning in all that stuff today, here's what I've got left for this quarter:

19 days of class/clinical
3 exams
4 quizzes
3 nursing process papers (and I have to pass just one of them!)
1 final exam

This is totally doable! Especially since Thanksgiving break will occur in the middle of it, and I will have 5 days in a row away from school. (We're out of school Wed-Friday that week.)

We already had a visit from the lead 3rd quarter instructor to give us registration forms and clinical choices for winter quarter. The choices for clinicals are two evenings a week (2:00-10:30) at Harborview, or two morsnings a week starting at 6:45 at Stevens Hospital in Edmonds. I put down Harborview as my first choice - mostly because I would really, really like to have a break from early morning clinicals. Also, the evenings clinicals are on Wednesday/Thursday, which would leave me free on Fridays to do stuff like clean house or shop for groceries. Or sleep.

Now watch, since I've expressed a preference, I'll be going to Stevens for sure. :P

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?