.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, September 23, 2006

 

book report: Deja Dead

Deja Dead
by Kathy Reichs

I love the TV show "Bones" and decided to read the series of books on which the show is based. "Deja Dead" is the only one I've read so far. I was put off at first by the noticeable differences between the characters in the book and the characters on the TV show - but once I managed to stop thinking of the main character, Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan, as the same person from the show, I enjoyed the book quite a bit. I know some people find these books boring because of all the forensic detail that Reichs includes, but I liked that and found it interesting. Also, the plotline in this book was *way* more exciting than anything from the TV show. Interestingly, the Bones character has been made younger and actually weirder for the television show. In the book, she is in her 40s, separated from her husband, with a teenage daughter off at college. In the TV show, she is in her 30s, never married with no kids, and quite socially awkward. Interesting choice.

Anyway, I will most likely read the rest of this series next summer, when school is not in session!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?