.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

 

best compliment of the year

Most of my coworkers at the Old People Hotel are not white, and are not originally from the United States. The largest group are Ethiopian or Eritrean, with a few Kenyans and a handful of Filipinos. I was chatting last week with one of the Ethiopian women, in fact, I was thanking her for helping me with Bedridden Lady. She waved off my thanks and said she was glad to help. Then she blurted out that "we have been talking about it [and by we I'm guessing she meant the Ethiopian crew] and we agreed you are the only white girl who really works."

Heh. You never know when that Midwestern work ethic will be noticed.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?