.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

 

back to back to school

So today was the first day of class... and I am so happy to be back. Classmate M* commented to me that she also felt like she was already behind, even though school hadn't started yet, and that made me feel so much better. Honestly, it was almost like the summer hadn't even happened - we all just clicked back into place and laughed a lot and hugged each other and asked good questions and generally are getting right back into the swing of things. Classmate A* has already started talking up her margaritas. :)

This will be an intense quarter - although we only have one block of classes (theory, skills lab, clinical), we cover a lot of material. I'm still wavering between feeling like I can rise to the challenge and being scared to death. I'm most nervous about clinical - I was comfortable walking into a nursing home last quarter because of my previous work experience as a CNA, but I know nothing about hospitals. I've never even been admitted to a hospital. The one time I've set foot in the hospital where my clinical rotation will be was when I went to see brand-new baby Fish last October. And I'm guessing I won't get to hold a cute baby the entire time I'm there for clinical.

But hey, how hard can it be? Plenty of other people have made it through this program and succeeded, so I'm sure I can too. Lord knows I have already dealt with some challenging things at work - I'm guessing my chances of being slugged or pooped on are significantly lower at clinical!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?