.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

 

weekend in middle of week

Today is the second day of two days off from work. Yesterday I cleaned house and ran an errand or two. Today I got my hair cut and had lunch with my friend L* downtown, and am going grocery shopping this evening. Boy, is my life exciting. Oh wait, we did go out for dinner last night with three friends - that was fun.

In other news, the less-than-competent Boss Lady at the Old People Hotel got canned this week, and one of my fellow CNAs got promoted into her job. So I think my work schedule will get more tolerable and consistent soon. In fact, she called me today to let me know that I'm scheduled to work Thursday through Sunday, and that she was putting me on my favorite section all four days. So I'll be able to work with my favorite residents, including my hospice patient. Consistency is good.

I met briefly with a couple of my nursing school classmates on Sunday - we allegedly were going to start studying pharmacology, but we mostly ended up talking. We did pages through our pharm text and the drug guide, but decided that it would be much more useful to actually have a syllabus in hand before we tried to figure out where to begin. It was really nice to see my friends - it's actually been kind of difficult emotionally to be away from them after being so close for 10 weeks. It's nice to feel like I belong - I'm not much of a "joiner" so that's kind of an unusual feeling for me!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?