.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, August 14, 2006

 

book report: Impossible Things and Inside Job

Impossible Things
and
Inside Job
by Connie Willis

I read Bellwether by Connie Willis some time ago and liked it. So I thought Impossible Things, a collection of some of her short stories might be just the thing for me. And it was! I really enjoyed every single one of the stories in this collection, which is very unusual for a book of short stories. I know I've griped about collections before, that some of the stories are good and some are bad and some are just whatever... but I honestly thought this book was solid all the way through.

I think maybe I should stick to her collections and not try to read her novellas as stand-alone pieces. I checked out Inside Job based on a description of the material - professional debunkers encounter a "spiritual leader" who appears to be channeling a real spirit - but it was so short! I read it in a blink of an eye! Which isn't to say it was bad at all... I just wanted to enjoy it a little longer.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?