.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, July 20, 2006

 

sick in the summer

I've been sick for a couple of days. I felt like I was coming down with a cold on Tuesday, so I took a hippie herbal remedy and drank lots of fluids and got lots of rest. Then yesterday I had a fever so I called in sick to work, and continued with the herbal remedy and the fluids and the resting. This morning I was supposed to work, so I got up at 5:00 and thought, "Hey, I feel pretty good!" So I went in the bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth and put in my contacts... and then broke out in a cold sweat and had to sit down and retched a little. Jeez. So I called in to work again and went back to bed.

I'm supposed to work tomorrow morning and I swear I'm going to be better by then! I'm tired of being sick!

Shoe info for Chelsea: Shoreline's shoe guidelines are white, leather, closed toe, closed back (Dansko Professional clogs are okay, but the ones with a strap around the heel or nothing around the heel are not), no colored logos. Most of my classmates got all-white sneakers, like Reeboks or New Balance. One of my classmates scored some super-nice sneaks at Nordstrom Rack. I have a super-expensive pair of white Dansko lace-up shoes, but they're not as comfortable as I hoped. I did my CNA clinicals wearing all-white "professional" sneakers that I got at Payless Shoes for $20, and in retrospect, they would have done the job for Shoreline, too. In other words, don't feel like you're obligated to spend a ton of money on fancy shoes!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?