.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, May 07, 2006

 

one-half of one-sixth

I'm starting Week 6 of my first quarter of nursing school. Our quarters are 10 weeks, so I am halfway through my first quarter. How did that happen so fast?!

While our instructors have warned us that this week coming up is the most stressful one of the quarter, I feel about as caught up and prepared as I have since starting the program. I've still got a lot to do this week, but I think I'm ready.

And at the end of the week I get to go see my mom for Mother's Day, while R* stays home with Diabetic Kitty. I am lucky.

Also in the category of "lucky," I need to log off the computer so I can go fix the mussels/green curry sauce/fresh baguette/artisan cheese/fresh asparagus/handmade chocolate truffle meal we foraged at the farmer's market this morning!

Labels:


Comments:
My program is a 2-year associate's degree program at a community college. We have summers off, and a new batch of students starts each spring, fall, and winter quarter. Two years on the quarter system with summers off equals 6 quarters, and I'm halfway through my first quarter... so I'm 1/2 of 1/6th done!

We also have a lot more clinical time starting earlier because it's a short program. We started working with patients during week 4 of our first quarter, 2 mornings a week. Each quarter our time spent in clinical locations will increase and our lecture time will decrease.

Hope that answers your questions!
 
Emily, your farmer's market menu sounds luscious, even without the mussels since I'm vegetarianly inclined.

And you gotta keep your strength up, to sail through the next 1/2 of 1/6th!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?