.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, April 15, 2006

 

two weeks down

The past week has flown by in a blur. I already feel rather immersed in nursing school, although I know it's going to get more intense after next week when we start clinicals in earnest. We've been practicing certain hands-on skills already - CNA style stuff like transfers and bedmaking and oral care and such - but we have clinical orientation on Tuesday and then start hands-on care the following week. And as an extra bonus, we have our first exam this Wednesday. They really don't waste any time in this program.

I am really enjoying it, though. I can feel my brain waking up and stretching, which is a very good feeling. And I am still loving the vast majority of my classmates. My biggest concern is just keeping up with all the coursework, and still getting enough sleep and not eating every piece of junk food in sight! It's going to be a really good thing to have the summer off to do non-school stuff for a while.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?