.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

 

nursing school day 2

Just a quick post here as I take a quick study break...

Man, there is a lot to do just to stay up to speed! My program has 5 required classes (Foundations, Communications, Skills Lab, Communications Lab, and Clinical Practicum) plus an optional class for Success Strategies. I'm taking the optional class too, because why not?

There is sooooo much reading and so many handouts and so forth. I've got two 2" binders and lots of dividers, and I still don't feel totally organized. Oh, and I dropped about $550 on textbooks this quarter - ouch! Fortunately, we'll reuse many of them for other classes in the future.

The worst part about coming in as an alternate is that I'm already behind. I hate that feeling. If I hadn't had to register and buy books so late, I would have already done about 200 pages of reading. I'm going to try to go back and catch up on that over the weekend, because if I try to do it in order, I will be behind all week. Keep moving is an important skill!

My classmates are awesome. Even only two days in, a sense of camraderie is developing. It's good to know that we don't have to be competitive anymore and the more we help each other out, the better the entire group will do. I'm also impressed at how smart/experienced/well-educated/confident many of my classmates are. And it was really heartwarming that so many of them warmly welcomed me when they recognized me as an alternate from orientation. :)

The only way I'm going to get any exercise this quarter is going to be reading on the elliptical. And I'm afraid the only way we're going to get anything to eat is frozen food from Trader Joe's. Which would definitely be healthier and cheaper than ordering pizza every night.

Labels:


Comments:
Hi there...I stumbled on your blog and wanted to say that I went to Shoreline's nursing program, graduated just over a year ago. You are starting an incredible journey...can't really say if it was on clouds or hot coals, but in the end it's worth it. I've got some tips and tricks, if it would be helpful to you. And also some white danskos...what shoe size are you ;) ? Best of luck to you, and honestly, don't hesitate to ask any questions at all...
 
CONGRATS!!! I just caught up on my blog reading and was so excited to see that you're in nursing school now! Congrats again! Good luck with your first semester! :)
 
Good luck!

Can you park someplace that will let you walk several blocks between your vehicle (or a bus stop) and campus? Could you ride a bicycle to school? Exercising and studying complement each other---although it's the time crunch that is hard to figure out.
 
enjoy your nursing school days...i definitely have very fond memories of mine. congratulations!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?