.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

 

letting go of the four point oh

One of the things that the outgoing class of first quarter nursing student told us at orientation was "Let go of your expectation of getting a 4.0 in your classwork. Just concentrate on passing." And I privately thought that was a lot of crap, because I am an excellent student, and have never been the sort of person who wanted to pass a class instead of ace it.

But it is awfully nice to have yourself geared up to take your first nursing school exam with the intention of passing, not aceing, and then discovering that you got a 90% on it in spite of your laid-back, gonna-pass-this-test attitude. I certainly don't think I'm going to get an A on every test in nursing school, but I do think that I'm catching on and that feels good.

Labels:


Comments:
That's some tough advice to follow... I tried not to get caught up in the 4.0 thing, but it's hard to avoid especially if you're a perfectionist! GOOD LUCK!!! :)
 
One of my biggest fears of starting nursing school is the grades. I hear so many prior 4.0 students saying they got a "B" and couldn't be happier. That makes me question if I can be as dedicated as I'll need to be to do well. I'm scared, but I'm not gonna give up. Congratulations on your first test, and on doing so well inspite of your late start. Keep up the excellent work.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?