.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, April 06, 2006

 

I've made it through week 1.

I had one class this morning and now I've officialy made it through my first week of nursing school.

I'm starting to feel a little bit better - I'm not caught up yet, but I'm not completely behind, either. And I seem to be grasping everything on about the same level as my classmates, which is reassuring. I was especially pleased to discover while studying last night that the math stuff we will be tested on is coming easily to me. It was a LONG time ago that I studied decimal fractions and all that kind of stuff... but apparently it's been hanging out somewhere inside my brain for all these years. My mom and dad are coming to visit us this weekend, which will be a nice mental break.

I normally try to answer comments people leave in a more personal fashion, but you might have gotten the idea that I'm a little short on time right now, so I'm just gonna throw my answers out here in public.

Rosebuttons: Thanks for stopping by! It is nice to get proof that people live through all six quarters of the program, and then go on to have jobs and lives and pets and hobbies and stuff. :) As for my tootsies, I wear size 36 Danskos - if you also have teeny feet, we can make a deal! P.S. - any general hints you have for correlating the readings to the outcomes for a given unit would be much appreciated. I'm still in that "huh? outcomes?" stage, which you may not even remember!

Doug: Believe it or not, the elliptical+textbook=exercise option works remarkably well. As for parking, it is a crapshoot every day how far I will have to walk to class. :) It's not too far to bike from home, but my bike has no basket and I honestly don't think I could carry all my books in a backpack and still be able to pedal uphill. Especially since it's a 1-speed. I probably look like the Wicked Witch of the West riding it.

May and Marj: Thank you for your continuing enthusiastic support! It may not seem like much, but I really feel good knowing that there are nurses out there thinking postive thoughts on my behalf.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?