.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

 

vain things I have done recently.

I bought this eyeliner. I like the color a lot, and it doesn't make my eyes itch, but it is a little tricky to apply without it being too heavy.

I also bought this nail polish. I like to paint my nails, especially because it keeps me from chewing on them (and man, it is a terrible idea for a nurse to be a nailbiter!), but since I use my hands a lot it always seems like my polish last for a day or two tops before it starts looking awful. I've had this ColorStay stuff on for 5 days and I only have one serious chip. I'm very pleased.

My mom turned me on to this face scrub. I LOVE it. My skin is annoying - I break out sometimes, have trouble with clogged pores, peeling, and flaking, and definitely have what the beauty press refers to as "combination" skin. In other words, I have both dry and oily skin on the same face, not to mention both zits and wrinkles. And this scrub is really, truly helping my skin straighten up and fly right. Since that has been working out so well, I also got this day moisturizer and this night moisturizer and am happy with them as well.

When I was putting together a Valentine's Day gift for R*, I decided to get a print of a digital photo of me and put it in a frame for him to have on his desk. (I am not making the big bucks, you know?) But when I pulled up the photo I wanted to print, I said to myself, "Jesus Christ, my teeth are yellow!" So I used Photoshop to fix the photo. And then my friend H* at work, she of the most beautiful shining white teeth in the world, came to the rescue with a recommendation for Crest Whitestrips Premium. She also said the Target house brand version works just as well (and costs about $10 less!). So I picked them up and have been using them for 4 days and can definitely see a difference. In fact, one of the ladies at The Home told me yesterday that I have beautiful teeth. She wears pretty thick glasses, so I'm not sure I trust her opinion, but it was still nice to hear.

While at Target, I also picked up some fake bling for playing dressup. The ring I got looks something like the one in the picture - the stones on the side are set flush, though, not tiered like that. My husband totally doesn't understand, but the girls at work all chorused, "Awesome!!" when I wore it yesterday. Silly, I know, but sometimes a girl likes sparkly things!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?