.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, March 03, 2006

 

orienatation

I went to orientation for the spring 2006 class of nursing students, since I was invited as alternate #2. The bad news is that I am still an alternate and have not been asked to join the class. The good news is that one of the accepted students didn't show up for orientation, and the #1 alternate was promoted into the class... so if one more person decides between now and the first day of class that he/she can't start school after all, I will be in!

I had a hard time emotionally at the meeting... everyone else there knew for sure that they'll be starting school in a few weeks, and I felt so left out. It was hard to get excited because I know it's likely that I won't be joining this class. And I am so, so ready to go to school for a couple of years. Some of the current first-quarter students came and talked with us, and they seemed to be having so much fun, even though they were telling us how incredibly difficult and rigorous the program is. I am so looking forward to being part of it. It actually crossed my mind to get up and leave because I didn't want to start getting emotionally engaged if I'm just going to end up waiting another six months to start. But the faculty told me to go ahead and turn in all my paperwork and everything, and that they would call me if there was any change. They even said I am welcome to attend the first two days of classes, just in case someone drops out during that first week of class. Another student told me that she did that last quarter, though, and no one dropped out.

We shall see.

Comments:
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for ya!!! Hang in there...
 
Hang in there!! One more to go!! It's pretty sad when one roots for someone to drop out so you can get in but I know how much you want this!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?