.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, March 30, 2006

 

I think I'm in!

I can hardly believe this, but I think I'm starting nursing school on Monday!!

I went to the school today to go to advising to make sure my application was in order for fall quarter, since I hadn't heard anything about spring quarter, which starts Monday. And when I told the advisor who I was and that I'm the first alternate for spring quarter, she said, "Hasn't anyone called you yet?" and I said "What?" and she said that someone in the spring class had called her yesterday and told her that he had broken his arm and that the nursing program director told him he couldn't enroll in classes this quarter, because you can't do clinicals with a broken arm. !!!! So I went over and talked to the department secretary, and found out that there is indeed a broken-armed student who will have to withdraw, and that the secretary is waiting for confirmation from the program director that I will be plugged into his spot.

You would think I would be overjoyed. But I am anxious as hell - I'm not ready!!!! I need office supplies and a student uniform and confirmation of my TB test results and another Hepatitis B shot and and and... you get the idea.

Anyway, stay tuned. I think I'm about to become Girl In Greenwood, Nursing Student!

Comments:
Congrats, Emily. One might think the Flying Spaghetti Monster were showing some concern for your true calling in life!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?