.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

 

he's not dead yet.

Mr. Black Cat went to the vet last Friday for all-day blood sugar monitoring after his first insulin injection of the day. He flunked - his sugar was too high all day long. So we've doubled his dosage starting on Saturday, and he's supposed to go back for another all-day monitoring session after two weeks.

Last night was the first time I've seen him act like he genuinely feels better - not just slightly better, but actually good. While I was cooking dinner, I heard "Meerrrroow!" issuing from the office, accompanied by the scratching sound that means he's either stretching up against the wall (like you see leopards do against trees in nature programs) or trying to open the wardrobe. So I called him and he came jogging out of the office, and I tossed him a fuzzy toy. He was thrilled, and proceeded to bat the toy around, pounce on it, bite it, and even shake it like he was breaking its nonexistent, fuzzy neck.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I'm glad to hear that he seems to be feeling better -- and that that helps you feel better too!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?