.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, January 08, 2006

 

sick

R* and I have been sick. He had the puking flu. I had gotten a flu shot at work so my illness seems to be contained to a head cold. I went to work on Friday but left early because I could hardly keep my eyes open... I called in sick Saturday and have done nothing but sleep since getting home on Friday. I'm feeling much better today and will return to The Home tomorrow.

I cooked a soup to use up leftover turkey that had been hiding in the freezer since Christmas dinner... it was a Greek-style soup with lemon, eggs, dill, rice, green onions, and shredded romaine lettuce (in addition to turkey, of course). It was good, better than most turkey-using-up recipes I've had in the past. Also, it was really nice to make a meal from scratch and have both R* and I enjoy it, since we're feeling better.

The only good thing I can say about being sick is that I've read a lot of books. I suppose that means I should write some book reports.

Comments:
Oh baby, oh honey in a nice voice! Not fair when the nurse/caretaker gets sick too! Feel better!
 
MOM?!

Hey everyone, my mom is reading my blog!

:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?