.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, January 09, 2006

 

night of the living dead

Jeez, I start to feel a little bit better and everything goes back up to a hundred miles an hour all at once! Work was busy-ish today but nothing major. I got sniffly partway through the day but a good dose of Tabasco (borrowed from one of the cooks, who hooked me up with his secret hot-sauce stash) on my lunch cleared my sinuses for a while.

On my way home, I stopped to pick up a cheapo comforter and mattress protector due to the elderly incontinent kitty. When I got home, the smoke detector was chirping as though its batteries were dead... so I went back out and bought the weird batteries it takes, replaced them, and the chirping did not stop. Geniuses may have already guessed that the chirping wasn't from the smoke detector at all, but from the carbon monoxide detector, which is actually wired into the AC current and yet requires as 9 volt battery as well. By the time I figured that out, I was ready to relax and change out of my work clothes. But I went to the bedroom to change and discovered that I was a day late on buying the bed-protecting items, as the cat had peed copiously, soaking all the sheets/blankets/comforter and even a pillow. So, I stripped the bed and hosed down the mattress with enzyme cleaner and flipped it over to dry, then remade the bed with all the new protective gear I'd gotten on my way home.

Now, I'm drinking a pumpkin beer and waiting for my sweet R* to bring me chicken teriyaki for dinner, thank god. Something is a little out of whack when the most relaxing part of my day (apart from the beer) is going to work at 6:30 a.m.

Comments:
Jeez! More oh baby, oh honey in a nice voice!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?