.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, January 16, 2006

 

little bit

Our little Miss Siamese Kitty (nickname Little Bit) is slipping away from us.

She has inflammatory bowel disease and it seems like her intestines are just not absorbing nutrition anymore. She's lost tons of weight and is getting wobbly on her feet. And she has started to refuse food. I spoke to the vet today about measures we can take to keep her comfortable. He recommend continuing prednisone and giving her Pepcid to keep her stomach comfortable. And emphasized that we should continue to get some kind of nutrition in her so her intestines don't just shut down. I offered her a little dish of milk tonight and she drank some. I'll try chicken broth and yogurt tomorrow.

Please think good thoughts for our Little Bit as she moves towards the end.

Comments:
I am carrying Little Bit, and you and R, in my thoughts!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?