.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

 

catching up

Apparently I've had nothing to say for the last few weeks... I've been pretty busy! I worked six days in a row a couple of weeks ago, covering for a coworker who had quit without notice and for other coworkers who are in school and had finals. I was a tired girl, and my house got pretty grubby, but I made it.

I also did all my Christmas shopping the week before Christmas, which wasn't the best plan in the world. But I think it turned out okay! My mom and dad came to spend the holiday with us. We had afternoon tea at the Olympic Hotel downtown, and had Christmas Eve dinner at the Hunt Club - which was much nicer than I had expected. We also went to see the Black Nativity at the Intiman at the Seattle Center. I am an atheist but wow! I sure enjoyed the music!

Christmas Day we spent at home. We cooked a Thanksgiving-style dinner, since both R* and I, and my mom and dad, had gone to restaurants for Thanksgiving due to scheduling problems. It was great to have homemade pumpkin pie and mashed potatoes and gravy and all that good stuff. Fattening, though. I think I gained three pounds in four days. R* and I started hitting the gym again on Monday!

My application for nursing school is due next week. After that, it's a sit and wait game. I have a bad feeling that I don't have *quite* enough points to get in... but I will definitely go ahead and apply. The worst thing that will happen is that I'll have to wait until fall quarter, and spend the intervening months working at my current job and volunteering at a hospital. That is not a bad thing.

I hope you all had happy holidays!

Comments:
Get that application in! And don't give up. I did not get accepted at the first community college I applied to. My math score was really low because I didn't finish the online test (TEAS test) in time and left a lot of the questions blank. I was pretty upset, but I kept taking my prereqs anyway and, after a semester of prereqs got accepted to all 3 programs I applied to. It can happen to you, too.:)
 
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Third degree nurse is right - don't give up!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?