.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 21, 2005

 

I passed I passed I passed!

Yesterday was an extravaganza of waiting around... also known as taking the state test to get licensed as a CNA. I showed up at 7:45 for the written exam, which was supposed to start at 8:00. It actually started at 8:15, and there was a two-hour time limit. There were only 70 questions, though, and even after triple-checking my answers, I was done at 8:50. I was told to be back at 9:45 to get instructions for the skills portion of the test. So, I wandered over to the grocery store, bought some snacks and drinks and some magazines because I'd forgotten to pack a book to read, and returned to the testing location. But aaargh! A couple of people took the entire two hours for the written exam, so I had to sit and wait for half an hour. Happily, they fax in the tests to HQ and get the scores back very quickly, so I did learn while I was waiting that I had passed the written portion.

After getting the instructions for the skills part of the test, I was told that I would be in the group that would be tested at 1:30, and that I should be back at 1:00. So I went home for a while and had a sandwich with R*, and then went back to the testing site and took my magazine inside (which I would like to point out was Harper's Bazaar because I was way too vain to take O The Oprah Magazine inside with me) and tried to read it while a variety of loudmouthed nursing assistant candidates made small talk at high volumes. For two hours. I didn't get tested until 3:00, aaaaaaaaah! Note to self: in next life, do not choose a last name that is so close to the end of the alphabet.

So I took the test and I was very nervous, especially because one of the skills I had to do was to take a blood pressure and get it right. So I finished and went out in the lobby to WAIT SOME MORE. But, after all that waiting and waiting and waiting - I passed! So now I'm certifiable. I mean, certified.

My sweet R* took me out for a fancy dinner at Ray's Boathouse, which was fantastic. I had sablefish in sake kasu that made me want to cry, it was so tasty and tender. And R* congratulated me and I felt quite pleased with myself. Tomorrow, it's back to the grind at The Home, though, so I can't get too uppity, Harper's Bazaar notwithstanding.

Comments:
Congratulations!! Hurray for you!!
 
yay! Congrats!
 
CONGRATS!!! :) I knew you could do it!
 
COngratulations! (sounds just like the place I took the test at up north..)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?