.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

 

I am nearly employed!

I interviewed yesterday for the CNA job I mentioned last week... and it must have gone well because this morning I got a call offering me the job! I'll go in Tuesday to sign papers and start training on Thursday.

I'm sure I'll write more about it as I learn more, but right now I think the best thing about this job is that I found it in time to work more than 200 hours before the next nursing school application is due. I think this means that I'll be accepted to nursing school for spring quarter!

Comments:
Hooray! Good luck to you. I am going to look into two positions for next semester: a Patient Care Tech and a Nurse Intern. The PCT does a bit more than the CNA's do -- they can draw blood and do some other testing. The Nurse Intern does a bit more and may be able to pass meds under the guidance of an RN.

Will report back.
 
Good job on pushing forward in your career! I'm sure this will give you not only those wonderful points, but some great experience also. Sooner that you think, you'll be in nursing school.
 
Congrats! I think this will give you a good view into nursing and keep you motivated in your studies. You will also learn a lot via observation of good vs. bad nurses. Keep it up! :) ~marj
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?