.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, October 28, 2005

 

new tactic

Okay, R* and I had an idea. Since the purpose of me getting the CNA training was to improve my chances of getting into nursing school, not to make a career out of working at a nursing home... there are other ways to get the same outcome. At Shoreline, there's this complicated point system that determines who the best candidates for the nursing program are. I was trying to get my CNA license and work a minimum of 192 hours before applying in January, because that would be worth 12 points. However, proof of holding down a non-medical job (i.e., spam shop job) is worth 7 points. And 100 hours of volunteering is worth 3 points. I could practically accomplish that in two weeks if I pushed! If I rack up 192 hours of volunteering, that is worth 6 points. Even with the 3 points for 100 hours, I believe I would be accepted, based on how many points were necessary to get in last quarter. There are several hospitals nearby where I could volunteer, although most of them request one four-hour shift once a week, so I may need to pick up 5 or 6 volunteer gigs, haha. This just might work.

Comments:
Hey,
I really enjoy your blog.
I work for a Seattle based company helping students who are interested in careers in nursing or other allied health positions.
We have a great website which I hope your readers might benefit from:

All Allied Health Schools

I hope people find this useful- its totally free to use for all students!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?