.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, September 01, 2005

 

I did it I did it!

I just gave notice at my job!

My last day is going to be September 15th. And because I made the plans a long time ago, I'm taking off September 9th to go celebrate my 30th birthday (which is actually the 8th) with my husband and my parents. And Monday is Labor Day. So, I really only have 8 more work days to go!

Here's the plan: I'm going to start the training program at NATI next week, at night. After the training is complete, I'll find a CNA job and work as close to full-time as possible. I need to get 192 hours on the job before January 3rd, which is when the application for the Spring quarter's nursing class is due to Shoreline. I'm a little concerned about the timeline - but it should work out okay. 192 hours is 24 8-hour days, or just over 1 month full-time. I should be able to fit that into November & December even if I can't find a 40 hours/week job.

In the meantime, since I'll be going to training 3 nights a week, I'm going to impersonate a housewife for a while!

Comments:
Congratulations! I hope you have no trouble at all amassing the hours you need by Jan. 3.
 
Leaving Corporate America and turning the big three-oh... Congrats and Happy Birthday! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?