.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, September 08, 2005

 

happy birthday to me

Last year on my birthday, I was stressing about the presidential election. That didn't exactly turn out well.

But this year, I can finally see that real changes are happening in my life. In the last year, I've finished all the prerequisite classes for nursing school, changed my diet and exercise habits and lost a chunk of weight (more to go, though), enjoyed a really good year with R* (who knew, marriage gets better after you do it for a while!), and progressed to the point of quitting my dumb job to facilitate my career change. That's a lot.

As for the whole turning-30 thing - I really don't know what to think about it. I don't feel any different today. I guess I'd always thought by the time I was 30, I would have a graduate degree and a child, and I don't have either one. But my life is pretty darn good, so I'm not sure that there's anything I need to feel bad about!

Comments:
Today is your birthday too, Emily? Happy birthday! And many happy returns of the day!
 
Happy Birthday!!! You have so much going for you and there's so much more to come! It only gets better after 30! :) Cheers!
 
Happy belated birthday! Don't worry about the big three-oh. Even though I also thought that I would have a graduate degree and be making tons of $$$ by this age (ha!), overall I'm more comfortable with myself and my life than I ever was in my teens or twenties.

Of course, that might just be because I've always been a curmudgeonly old sourpuss, and the incongruity between my persona and my age diminishes as I grow older. But whatever the case, I'm liking my 30's a lot.

Many happy returns!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?