.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

 

yum

I made a Cooking Light recipe last night for dinner... it was a chicken version of weiner schnitzel and it was so good I almost wanted to cry. It might be a genetic tendency - my mom's family is mostly German and German comfort foods are important to us! We ate it with salad and whole-wheat rotini, but it would've been perfect with spaetzle. Maybe next time.

I FINALLY hit 30 pounds lost. The last 5 pounds have been a struggle! I had to cut back my calories by about 200 a day and add another 30 minutes a week of exercise to make it happen. In other words, I'd gotten a little lazy and it was slowing down my weight loss. I hope the next 10 pounds is easier.

While on the subject of weight loss, I need to unload about women's clothing sizes. I know, old news. I bought two pairs of jeans on eBay, both the same size, two different brands. The Bill Blass ones fit just fine. The Levis Signature ones are so small, I can't even get the ends of the waistband together around my waist. Same size! Aaaaaaaaaaah!

Next-to-last class session is tonight. In 8 days, I'll have all my pre-reqs completed! And then it will be off to CNA training at night later on this year. It will probably give me multiple personality disorder to work at my high tech day job while I'm doing nurse's assistant training at night. Ooh! Maybe I can be a superhero with a secret identity!

Comments:
Congratulations on your weight loss! Yay!

And could you post the recipe? It sounds WONDERFUL.
 
Ooohh! I love Cooking Light! I had to stop subscribing though because nursing school got in the way. Now that I'm done I'm hoping to go through all my old mags.

Congrats on the weight loss, too! Keep up the good work!

By the way, I've moved to Blogger... :)

Take care!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?