.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

 

book thirty-six

Snow Falling on Cedars
by David Guterson

I'm sure I'm way behind the times by just reading this book now, years after it was released and made into a movie and everything. But too bad for me! I actually really enjoyed it. Before reading the book, I knew it was about the relationships in a community where some of the residents were Japanese-Americans who were sent away to internment camps. What I didn't know was that it was also a murder mystery.

Reading about these fictional people made me more curious about non-fictional Washington residents who were sent to camps. I've got a couple of holds at the library on autobiographies written by Japanese-Americans who experienced it firsthand.

Labels:


Comments:
I haven't read it or seen the movie. But now I think I want to get it!
 
A good book is a good book, regardless of when you read it.

I'm reading Bob Dylan's Chronicles right now, which is an interesting read, if you like his writing. It's not linear; it's more "circular." After this, it's on to the new Harry Potter.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?