.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, August 22, 2005

 

baby steps

I've been reading over the FlyLady website for the past few days... I'm trying to decide if it's something I want to try. I am really turned off by the cutesy stuff, and by the emphasis on stay-at-home moms... but on the other hand, the idea of keeping up a home routine and staying on top of mess and clutter is very attractive. I think maybe I will try it her way when I'm not working and only going to school - if it works for me, perhaps I can continue when I start working again.

I took a teeny step forward on the nursing stuff this weekend - took a Red Cross first aid class. The first aid card is worth 1 point on the application for the nursing program - but 1 point is better than nothing! It was pretty interesting - I learned how to make a sling for a broken arm and stuff like that. Pretty cool.

It is such a relief to be done with my prereqs. I got a 4.0 in the multicultural crap class, yay! I was going to be really bent out of shape if I didn't - it was a LOT of work for a 100 level class.

We went to yoga class yesterday at our neighborhood yoga studio and now I am sore in weird places. I love that about yoga - it causes you to use muscles you didn't even know you had.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?