.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

 

haiku of boredom

I didn't feel compelled to write any haiku of boredom in class last night - we had a guest professor who was concise, conversational, and also cute as a button. And we also watched a video about advertising and how it shapes the perception of women in society. That was infuriating and entertaining. (Interested? Here's a resource.)

But the week before, egad, I thought I would die of boredom. So without further ado, here are my Haiku of Boredom:

after two hours
"level of analysis"
falls to my stomach

are you boy or girl?
evidence suggests either
but - giant man feet.

connie chung's makup
wow, that is from the eighties
got a new film yet?

clearly i am old
this sincere college race stuff
just makes me tired

could time pass slower?
my legs are too short to touch
my butt goes to sleep

better than i thought
i guess i've figured stuff out
done finding myself

ooh, look at me now
the sincerity rubs off!
self analyzing

white guys from Texas
who is surprised they're racist?
they live in Texas!

Comments:
Love the Haikus. However, having lived there 15 years and having married to a fine family of Texans, I can vouch that not all guys from TX are like W. And not all TXans are racist:)
 
hee hee! I know that, I've got some fine Texan friends myself. There's not much room in a haiku for background information or disclaimers, though.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?