.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 06, 2005

 

thump

(the sound one makes falling off the diet wagon.)

We went out of town for the weekend because R*'s band was playing a show in Port Townsend. We went up a day early and stayed at the hotel at the marina in Port Ludlow. It was fun and relaxing.

Friday morning, R* went to work out and I stayed home to get our new elliptical delivered! I hopped on and worked out as soon as it was set up. We left the house around 10:45 and got very lucky in catching the Bainbridge Island ferry. We hung around and had lunch in Winslow (and got a book about day hikes near Seattle), and then drove on to Port Ludlow. When we got there, we had in-room massages. I was so relaxed during the massage that I actually fell asleep on the table for a moment. I've never done that before! Then we had a glass of champagne (diet fall-off #1!), took a nap and went downstairs for dinner (diet fall-off #2!).

In the morning we had breakfast (diet fall-off #3!), then went for a 6-mile hike. That may or may not cancel out all the diet-falling-off that was committed. After hiking, we went back to the hotel, got some salads to take back up to our room from the lounge, and showered and ate lunch and soaked in the hot tub and took a nap. We drove into Port Townsend, R*'s band played all evening, and I studied for my microbiology exam while I listened. I didn't fall off the diet for dinner (although R* did), but R* ordered bread pudding for dessert and I couldn't resist!

Sunday we had breakfast and fell off the diet again, then took our time wandering back towards home. We decided to take the Kingston-to-Edmonds ferry home, and had lunch in Kingston. I was going to be good and have soup and salad, but R* ordered a Rueben and fries and I just lost my mind and ordered fish and chips. It tasted soooo good - but by the time I finished my tummy kind of hurt. I still don't feel completely right more than 24 hours later. That was probably a good lesson. And after we arrived home and napped, we worked out and had a no-added-fat salad for dinner and went back to bed. And we both got up this morning and went to our respective gyms.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?